- Landfill Operators
- City Planners
- City Officials
- Anyone involved in creating specifications or actually engaged in landfill project work
Landfill air space is an increasing expense
- According to the EPA’s most recent solid waste report released in June, Americans generated 254 million tons of waste, which equates to about 4.4 pounds of trash per day.
- Seven states are looking at running out of landfill space in the next five years.
- Wood recycling also helps lessen environmental impact by reducing trash (wood waste) that would otherwise end up in landfills, which in turn means reduced air and water pollution.
- Wood disposed into the landfill produces methane.
- Methane is a potent greenhouse gas 28 to 36 times more effective than CO2 at trapping heat in the atmosphere over a 100-year period.
Mulches are generally produced from recycled wood waste such as pallets and old lumber. This product has a medium texture and can provide beautiful ground cover.
Mulch is placed on the topsoil in gardens, flower beds, backyards, parks and recreational areas. It refreshes, revives and finishes the look of an outdoor space but there are numerous other benefits to using mulch:
- Helps control soil erosion
- Helps reduce water evaporation from the topsoil by 25-50%
- Helps control soil erosions from heavy rains or irrigation
- Helps reduce weed growth, which could further reduce the moisture in the soil.
- Helps maintain the moisture in soil, cutting irrigation needs and costs
- Helps protect the plant’s roots from the sun, allowing for better growth
- Helps prevent soil compaction
- Helps prevent extreme temperatures in soil
We can help
- We can help you convert your waste into a valued resource.
- This is one of our most cost efficient programs.
- We have been recycling wood in the Treasure Valley for over 40 years.
- We are the trusted expert in the state of Idaho.
- We were the 2015 DEQ Pollution Prevention Champion.
- Being in the livestock industry for 108 years in the Treasure Valley has enabled us to understand quality control.
- Wood recycling is a leader in the recycling industry with many outlets for this recycled material.
- Recycling increases landfill space.
- Carbon is vital for farmers soil health and water retention.
- It is one of the most economic recycling programs available to the landfill.
- Compost additive.
- Safe lawn and garden amendment.
- Essential for water conservation through mulch’s water holding capacity.
- Reduces unnecessary rock mining for landscaping.